Casement Window Double Glazing
The pictures above are examples of existing casement windows that have been fully restored, draught proofed and double glazed by yoursashwindows.com. With over 15 years restoration experience and many casement windows restored, we think we’ve perfected the art of double glazing existing casement windows. Our restoration and double glazing process is industry leading. With prices starting at £275 per window, double glazing your existing casement windows can be both preferential and economical.
- Assess condition of sill, frame and external pointing
- Remove excess paint from frame and effect repairs as necessary
- Ensure seal between existing window and brickwork is watertight, repairing as necessary
- Double glaze the existing casement window using one, or a combination of 3 techniques;
- Ds – Supply fit replacement sash incorporating new double glazed unit
- Db – Remove existing single glazing and supply & fit new double glazed unit (DGU). The new DGU will be fitted in-between new large external beading, which will be fitted into the existing single glazing rebate, and new internal glazing beading of the clients choice.
- Dt – Butt up new double glazed unit (DGU) to existing single glazing and bead in place. Because the cavity in-between the new DGU and the existing single glazing will not be air-tight, then condensation may occur. In order to minimise this silica crystals are placed within the cavity and one free of charge call-back 6 months post fitting is available on request by the client. On this call-back, any condensation will be cleared and silica crystals replaced. The client will then have the option for the bead to be screwed back into place, so as to allow easy access for cleaning by the client in future
- Leaded glass that the client wishes to preserve can be either encapsulated, left single glazed or butted up to
- All openers will be fitted with our concealed draught-proof system
- Fit new window furniture as necessary
- Prime all exposed woodwork, where necessary, leaving the window ready to decorate
- Full operational demonstration
- Full painting service available
- Double glazing your property whilst also preserving it’s original period look will help maximise it’s future value
- Our restoration and double glazing process is compliant with the requirements of 90% of conservation areas – even for Georgian bar casement sashes
- Virtual draught elimination and reduced external noise
- Due to the installation of new double glazed units, the window will meet current 2011 building regulations in terms of heat loss and energy efficiency
- All original period features, architrave, and mouldings can be maintained
- All openers will be fully functional
- Minimisation of dirt ingress and dust
- All work is FENSA registered and guaranteed for 5 years with the option to insurance back
- Tidiness, cleanliness and good manners throughout is guaranteed
Potential Casement Window Repairs
Where a casement window is particularly rotten, it may be necessary to effect some of the following repairs. The extent of repair work required for each window will be identified during the initial survey. However, where access is limited this may not always be possible.
Sill or Frame Replacement
Any rotten elements of the casement frame will be fully replaced with profile matched hardwood section and treated with wet rot, dry rot and wood preservative. We always avoid splice and fill repairs as these reduce the life of the window and increase the frequency of re-paints. The complete repair will be re-pointed (using either mortar or frame sealant depending on the clients preference) and all timber primed. All repairs are guaranteed for 5 years.
Repairs to Internal Sills, Mullions, Moulding and Architrave
In rare cases of extensive rot it may be necessary to replace or splice various sections of internal sill, mullions, panelling, moulding, architrave, etc. It is possible for us to exactly match any profile where replacement or partial replacement is necessary.
Casement Window Double Glazing Harrogate
So if you have a problem with your casement window double glazing, Harrogate based yoursashwindows.com‘s expert team are here to offer advice and restoration, please give us a call.
From our Harrogate branch we are able to cover the following areas of North Yorkshire including…
Bishop Monkton • Boroughbridge • Claro • Harrogate • Killinghall • Kirkby Malzeard • Knaresborough • Lower Nidderdale • Marston Moor • Mashamshire • Newby • Nidd Valley • Ouseburn • Pateley Bridge • Ribston • Ripon • Spofforth with Lower Wharfedale • Washburn • Wathvale
… and all other surrounding areas within a two hour drive of Harrogate. If you believe you live further away, please contact us anyway as we have several branches throughout the UK so we may still be able to help.