Sash Window Double Glazing
– Remove beading & carefully remove top and bottom sashes
– Assess condition of sill, box frame and external pointing
– Remove excess paint from frame and effect repairs as necessary
– Replace sash cords and service pulleys
– Re-balance sash weights to ensure smooth operation of both top and bottom sashes
– Replace top & bottom sashes with new replica sashes matching sash horns and inner mould to originals. These new sashes will be – fitted with double glazed units meeting all current building regulations
– Install concealed draught proof system as per diagrams above
– Prime all exposed woodwork and caulk beading leaving the window ready to decorate
– Fit new centre catch, up-lifters, sash eye and window locks as per clients instructions
– Full operational demonstration
– Full painting service available
– Double glazing your property whilst also preserving it’s original period look will help maximise its future value
– Our restoration and double glazing process is compliant with the requirements of 90% of conservation areas – even for Georgian bar sashes
– Virtual draught elimination and reduced external noise
– Due to the installation of new double glazed units, the window will meet current 2011 building regulations in terms of heat loss and energy efficiency
– All original period features, architrave, and mouldings can be maintained
– Smooth quiet window operation of both top and bottom sashes
– Minimisation of dirt ingress and dust
– All work is FENSA registered and guaranteed for 5 years with the option to insurance back
– Tidiness, cleanliness and good manners throughout is guaranteed
Potential Sash Window Repairs
Where a sash window is particularly rotten, it may be necessary to effect some of the following repairs. The extent of repair work required for each window will be identified during the initial survey. However, where access is limited, this may not always be possible.
The full length of external sill and at least 10cm of the outer face and inner cheek will be matched and replaced. Should the rot extend further up the box frame then up to 75cm additional cheek and outer face will be replaced at no extra charge. All replacement timber will be pressure treated with wet rot, dry rot and wood preservative. The complete repair will be re-pointed (using either mortar or frame sealant depending on the clients preference) and all timber primed. This repair is guaranteed for 5 years.
Repairs to Internal Sills, Mullions, Moulding and Architrave
In rare cases of extensive rot it may be necessary to replace or splice various sections of internal sill, mullions, panelling, moulding, architrave, etc. It is possible for us to exactly match any profile where replacement or partial replacement is necessary.
Harrogate & North Yorkshire
So if you have a problem with your sash window double glazing Harrogate based yoursashwindows.com‘s expert team are here to offer advice, please give us a call.
From our Harrogate branch we are able to cover the following areas of North Yorkshire including…
Bishop Monkton • Boroughbridge • Claro • Harrogate • Killinghall • Kirkby Malzeard • Knaresborough • Lower Nidderdale • Marston Moor • Mashamshire • Newby • Nidd Valley • Ouseburn • Pateley Bridge • Ribston • Ripon • Spofforth with Lower Wharfedale • Washburn • Wathvale
… and all other surrounding areas within a two hour drive of Harrogate. If you believe you live further away, please contact us anyway as we have several branches throughout the UK so we may still be able to help.
Call us on 01423 228494