Sash Window Restoration
– Remove beading carefully remove top and bottom sashes
– Assess condition of sill, box frame and external pointing
– Remove excess paint from frame and effect repairs as necessary
– Replace sash cords and service pulleys
– Re-balance sash weights to ensure smooth operation of both top and bottom sashes
– Assess condition of top and bottom sash
– Renovate top & bottom sashes, planing off excess paint and repairing putty damage where necessary
– Install concealed draught proof system as per diagram below and right
– Prime all exposed woodwork and caulk beading leaving the window ready to decorate
– Fit new centre catch, up-lifters, sash eye and window locks as per clients instructions
– Full operational demonstration
– Full painting service available
The Benefits– Preserving the appropriate period look of a property will help maximise it’s future value
– Virtual draught elimination and reduced external noise
– Significantly reduced heat loss and improved energy efficiency
– Smooth quiet window operation of both top and bottom sashes
– Minimisation of dirt ingress and dust
– All work is FENSA registered and guaranteed for 5 years with the option to insurance back
– Tidiness and cleanliness throughout the process is guaranteed
Potential Sash Window Repairs
Where a sash window is particularly rotten, it may be necessary to effect some of the following repairs. The extent of repair work required for each window will be identified during the initial survey. However, where access is limited this may not always be possible.
The full length of external sill and at least 10cm of the outer face and inner cheek will be matched and replaced. Should the rot extend further up the box frame then up to 75cm additional cheek and outer face will be replaced at no extra charge. All replacement timber will be pressure treated with wet rot, dry rot and wood preservative. The complete repair will be re-pointed (using either mortar or frame sealant depending on the clients preference) and all timber primed. This repair is guaranteed for 5 years.
Where a top or bottom sash is beyond repair, we will manufacture a replica ensuring the inner mould, sash horns, section profiles and glazing bars all match. This repair is guaranteed for 5 years.
Replacement glazing will meet all current building regulations. It will be fitted using putty unless otherwise specified by the client.
Repairs to Internal Sills, Mullions, Moulding and Architrave
In rare cases of extensive rot it may be necessary to replace or splice various sections of internal sill, mullions, panelling, moulding, architrave, etc. It is possible for us to exactly match any profile where replacement or partial replacement is necessary.
Manchester & the North West
So if you have a problem with your sash window restoration Manchester based yoursashwindows.com‘s expert team are here to offer advice, please give us a call.
From our Manchester branch we are able to cover the following areas of the North West including…
Manchester (Didsbury, Chorlton) • Salford (Eccles, Pendlebury, Swinton) • Bolton (Farnworth) • Bury (Prestwich, Radcliffe) • Oldham • Rochdale (Heywood, Middleton) • Stockport • Tameside (Ashton-under-Lyne, Dukinfield, Hyde, Mossley, Stalybridge) • Trafford (Altrincham, Sale, Stretford) • Wigan (Leigh) • Lancashire • Preston
… and all other surrounding areas within a two hour drive of Manchester. If you believe you live further away, please contact us anyway as we have several branches throughout the UK so we may still be able to help.
Call us on 0161 428 5525